Saturday, October 4, 2014

Re-Purposed Dress into a Skirt


Rebekah is growing and all her clothes seem to be too short!  She had this dress that she just loved, but it was getting too short to wear.  I was about to pack it away when it dawned on me that I could turn it into a skirt!  I cut it off right under the armpits.  Since the top was shirred, I didn't even have to put a waistband in!  I just folded it over and stitched it once around, finished!  Now it's a long skirt for her!


Because I'm not passing her clothes down to anyone (she only has little brothers), I'm a little more willing to cut them up and try to re-purpose them!  Below are a few pictures of another skirt that I had to add length to.  The picture looks red, but it's actually pink denim.  I honestly don't care for it too much, but she liked it.  Guess it will work for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...