Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Nightgown Up-cycled from a Knit Sheet


Rebekah was given a hand me down nightgown that she just loves. Since she loves it so much, I thought she'd like another one made the same way. This was a much bigger hit than the knit dress I made her and her doll. But remember that I used a pink knit bedsheet for the sash on that dress? Well, here's what I did with more of that sheet! I bought the sheet at a thrift store a couple years ago. The sleeves were from the scraps of the dress as well, so this was a very cheap project. I literally laid the old nightgown on top of the sheet and cut around it, leaving about an inch seam allowance.  The ruffle is just a straight piece that is gathered at the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...